Tuesday, May 22, 2012

First trip to the zoo!

At four months, I packed my diaper bag for an extended day trip to the zoo!
Before making way out the door, I had the following bags:

The Diaper Bag
  1. Four diapers. Enough for eight hours of fun without an explosive diaper-- or less with a few explosive diapers. I was planning for the latter. I ended up using one on our three-hour trip.
  2. Wipes. I'm still traveling with disposables until we run out and I switch to cloth.
  3. Bottom spray (I packed my California Baby Diaper Area Wash).
  4. Changing pad. I ended up using my stroller, but it was nice to have as an option.
The Wet Bag
This bag was empty, but I strap it onto the stroller. I put my wet diapers in here when I'm out.

The Lunch Bag
I have an awesome Packit lunch bag that I got from Whole Foods. I can fold it up when not in use and store it in the freezer. The outside is an ice pack, so I don't need to pack any. No extra parts. Best purchase! I used it for lunch when I was working in the office regularly. It makes the perfect bottle carrier. I brought three 5oz bottles. I ended up using two of them.

I felt like I was a major bag lady. But when I got to the zoo, other moms had me beat. I forgot sunblock. Not a huge deal. My stroller is covered. My son was only in the sun once. I took him out to take a photo with his cousin.  I also forgot snacks for me and sunglasses for both of us.

Out of all the things I could have forgotten... I think I did pretty well for our first outing.

My son was way more interested in the other babies and kids running around than any of the animals. The sea lions held his attention for maybe two minutes when they swam past. But the little girl running under the rope was way cooler. 

I will say it's much more entertaining to walk around at the zoo than walking circles around our local park! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good start and a good day. Don't worry, I still forget things. Buying sunblock at the zoo will be a reminder to only do that once, wow is that expensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! I haven't forgotten since. We actually ended up getting one of those Sunbrellas so I don't use the sunblock as much. The kiddos are still in the stroller most of the time.

      Delete