Friday, May 25, 2012

Bumkins All-In-One Review


This is a review for Bumkins All-In-One One Size Diaper (AIO, OS). It offers a one-size, adjustable fit. It's all-in one, so there is no need for stuffing. There's stay dry fleece that surrounds the cotton and promises to wick the moisture away. Supposedly fast drying. Waterproof outer shell. Thus far, I have had no need to contact the company, so I will be unable to provide a service rating.

Currently priced at $16.95, it's only one dollar cheaper than the bumGenius 4.0. It's less expensive than your outrageously priced diaper, but I wouldn't consider it a "steal." That being said, I do think you get your money's worth with this diaper. Today (and for the next two days), they're 40% off at Ecobuys.

PRICE 3 of 5




I really like the feel of these diapers. The outer material is a tad more stretchy than the bumGenius diapers. It's soft, with booming colors. I think they're well made. The diaper is supposed to be stain and odor resistant, for those of you who have had issues with odor and staining.

These diapers did take a long time to dry on my drying rack. (I'm talking 24h + indoors to get rid of the damp feeling).

QUALITY: 5 of 5



Bumkins AIOs seem to fit my son really well. We haven't had any trouble with leaks and they fit wonderfully under his clothes.


The elastic around the legs does not create any lines. Last week, we were snapping onto the band. My son has grown a lot already and we no longer need to do that. Having the option is wonderful because it creates a really good fit for skinny babies. 

Bumkins AIO on small setting. BumGenius 4.0 on left on medium

We are starting to wear the bumGenius 4.0s on the medium setting. (We're still using the small setting on the bumGenius Elemenals). With Bumkins, we are on the small setting and it fits perfectly that way. Like the bumGenius, it has three sizes that are adjustable via the snaps. 

Bumkins and BumGenius 4.0 at largest settings
On the largest setting, the diapers seem to be the same size. The snaps are in different places, so small and medium are not the same on this diaper as the BumGenius diapers.

The biggest difference between the Bumkins and other one-size all-in-one diapers was the interior. I'm used to finding the opening to stuff diapers in the back. All brands have made up something about this helping to be a poop catcher. I haven't found that to be true or untrue... poop just collects all around the back flap and inside the back flap-- making me remind myself that baby poo will not kill me when it touches my fingers as I pull out the insert for the wash. 


In the above left photo, you will see the Bumkins diaper on the left and a bumGenius diaper on the right. The Bumkins diaper has the flap on the bottom. It also seems to stay closed a tad better than my bumGenius diaper.

On the right photo, I opened the Bumkins flap to show you that there are two snaps inside the diaper. 


Those two snaps allow you to stuff this long end piece into the diaper and snap it in place. Your Bumkins-wearing baby can now wiggle as desired without having the flap start to move out of place. The flap is actually pretty thin. I was surprised it held as much moisture as it did.

I believe it's the thin flap that helped with creating such a trim fit. If you would like to add more to this diaper, they have left it open for stuffing. I stuffed with one of my BumGenius microfibers overnight and had no problems. It wasn't tremendously fluffier with the new addition.

I also like the fit around the hips for these diapers. The snaps seem to be in the perfect location for a comfy and snug fit.

FIT 5 of 5

Bumkins offers one-size diapers, all-in-one one-size diapers, and covers. They also have newborn diapers. However, on their site two of the four are "sold out" with no expected restocking date. They seem to have about nine prints (all adorable) for you to choose from.

SELECTION 3 of 5

I will probably end up adding more Bumkins to my stash in the future.

1 comment: