Thursday, May 24, 2012

ALVA baby Pocket Review


I have been using my ALVA baby diapers for about one month thus far. I now own 12 of them. In the beginning, I really hated these diapers. At that time, I had three. They took forever to arrive in the mail. My first order was pretty messed up. I contacted their support team via e-mail because they're not from here and I couldn't reach someone during the day. I was awake around 3am when I got a reply. Their English wasn't so great, but they agreed to fix my problem. We had a few 3am chats via e-mail before they were definitely on board and we were sure we understood each other. Overall, I am a very happy ALVA baby customer in regards to their service. I understand that mistakes happen. This could have gone terribly wrong, but they worked with me and fixed the problem.

SERVICE:  5  of 5


They're $4.79 each. The price is fabulous. I love this company. Shipping is also pretty cheap.

PRICE: 5 of 5


In regards to quality, these diapers are pretty good for the price. You can get minky prints or regular PUL prints. I actually prefer their minky materials. The PUL diapers aren't as nice as other brands I have tried. (I can feel that they're cheep, and look cheep). The minky ones look soft and yummy. (As yummy as you can get with a diaper). I only have two PUL diapers. They're both green.

 

Here is a side by side view of wear and tear after one month of use. In comparison to other diapers, I think it's safe to say it faded pretty quickly. However, the inside is still flawless. Other diapers lasted a bit longer, but other diapers I own aren't minky. I don't think the colors hold up well in a hot wash cycle. I would never recommend washing poop in anything other than hot water. I also use the recommended amount of soap. My other diapers held up just fine. My personal clothes are also doing great. This diaper just fades with time. Because the inside, and overall function is what matters most-- I'm only going to take off one point for fading.

QUALITY: 4 of 5





The elastic is comfortable and fits my son perfectly. There's elastic in the back around the butt as well. This creates a really fitted and trim fit for my son. I like it a lot.



By  trim, I mean my son's clothes fit around the bottom and buckle nicely without bulging between buttons. My son is learning to crawl. Can't have a diaper that prevents movement!

FIT: 5 of 5




 

If  you visit the ALVA Baby website, you will be delighted with the view. They're constantly updating their prints, which is dangerous for people with fluff addictions. 

That being said, all of their diapers are currently pockets. While you may be able to get any color/design your heart desires... It is unlikely that you will find anything other than pockets.

I ordered two color snaps because I thought I would like them most. Fortunately, they ran out and I only received one. It doesn't look like they're going to be getting more of them. The color snaps snap a bit differently around the waist. I don't like the placement of the leg snaps. And for whatever reason, my color snap diaper doesn't snap easily. I was never able to get it to fit properly.

The color snaps are the only ALVAs with double gussets. I didn't think they made much of a difference.

While there is a wide variety of color options, you really only have the option of pockets, or more pockets. The color snap pocket had a different snap variety, but it was really just another pocket... and it's no longer offered.


SELECTION 3 of 5

6 comments:

  1. I love when the baby's in his minky diaper. He's extra soft and cuddly then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a fan of minky diapers too! Cloth is so addicting!

      Delete
  2. I just ordered my first Alvas and I can't wait to get them! I've been using FBs for a year. Then I tried one BG and I realized how crappy the FBs are. I needed new cds because my little one has outgrown our prefolds and like I said, the million fbs we bought are leaking like crazy. I heard great things about these ones, and so I went for it. I can't believe the price!

    Anyway, I just found your site by searching Alva on google, and I appreciated your review. I'll hopefully be posting my own within a month or two :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mandy, Thank you, and I hope you enjoyed your purchase! I apologize for the delay in getting back to you (everyone!). I still use mine from time to time.

      Delete
  3. I'll promote honest diapers for this one simple reason. Several days ago, I was playing with my 14-month-old daughter in the living room. It was "Hop-On-Pop" kind of playing. We laughed and had a lot of fun. Then mom took the baby for her bath. She then shouted to me, "Did you not smell her?" "Nope, never smelled a thing." "Well, she has diarrhea." And I did what any squeamish dad would have done. I checked myself over to make sure no...uh, well, poop had leaked out on me.
    honest company reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed Honest Diapers. However, I honestly didn't enjoy the price. I did cloth with my first. I'm using a mix of cloth and Pampers with the twins. If you're financially able to pay the Honest price-- I'd go for it! They have really cute patterns!

      Delete