Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Favorite Cloth Diaper Accessories


Swaddlebees Hemp Doublers: I have a three pack of these that I use with my fitteds and occasionally with my BumGenius (BG) Elementals. They make the fitteds last as long as my BG's... and they make the elementals bulletproof. I have three total. I haven't needed more. I use mostely BG's though. I only have 2 fitteds in rotation.

FuzziBunz Hanging Diaper Pail: You don't want to store dirty diapers with dirty clothes. I have two of these. When one is in the wash, I pull out the other. If they're both clean, one is in the closet waiting to be used. They're really nice. The elastic at the top is sturdy. The bag is usually partially closed. I loop the two hanging loops on the two sticks of my dirty clothes bin. I'm pretty sure I could use it as a trash can liner to create a diaper bin if I wanted to. I like the zipper at the bottom. I don't need to touch anything as long as I remove all of the inserts before putting them inside.

Bummis Reusable Fleece Liners: When using the BG elementals, PJ used to SCREAM the second he peed. After adding this to them, he can now pee without feeling wet. Thus, no screaming. I also use it with my fitteds-- or any diaper that doesn't already have a fleece liner.

California Baby Non-Burning & Calming Diaper Area Wash: I use this in the morning (which is usually a heavy pee diaper) and whenever PJ poos. I wipe first with distilled water. Then I spray and wipe. PJ seems to like this, and it keeps him smelling fresh. I also like knowing that he's clean. 

Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment: This is pretty much vasoline with lanolin. I use this around PJ's butthole after heavy poos. I wipe first with witch hazel on a cotton ball. Then I apply this with a Qtip. It prevents irritation on the next poo. 

OsoCozy Flannel Baby Wipes: I have about 60 of these. I could probably go two days without needing to wash more. Out of all the wipes I tried, these are my favorite. I could go without the lining around the edges. It usually shreds a bit in the dryer. But the wipe itself is sturdy and the perfect thickness. The thicker, fluffier, and colored ones I've tried don't seem to wipe poo off as well.

Munchkin Glow Wipe Warmer: I actually like my warmer better with cloth! I keep it unlocked now because my cloth wipes are rolled and stacked. I fill it with distilled water, two rolls of wipes, and whala! Spa day for baby.

Reviews coming soon for: Kissaluvs Diaper Lotion Potion Squirt Bottle, Concentrate and bumGenius Bottom Cleaner 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment